Hello everyone! I want to start off by saying that I am sososo sorry for not posting this past week – but I have a good reason! I was off exploring in Beaufort, SC, and Savannah, GA. I had such an amazing time, and I can’t wait to share some of my photos with you. 🙂
My mom and I got there around 10 in the morning, and the weather couldn’t have been more perfect. It was about 65 and sunny! 😍
I found these ancient looking stairs when we were walking through the residential part of downtown Savannah. Pictures were a must because PUMPKINS.
We went into this cute candy shop that had giant barrels of candy…
…and a wall full of it as well. Is that angels I hear in the distance?
I ❤ old brick walls.
One of the last things we saw was this old church called St. John the Baptist’s Cathedral. The sunlight was so beautiful, and the architecture was seriously swoon-worthy. It reminded me of Cinderella’s castle.
Savannah was amazing, and I hope I can go back someday! If you’ve never been before, I encourage you to go check it out.
Music is essential to me -it’s right on up there with plaid, coffee, and monograms. Maybe even….*gasp*…..above them. (If you know me at all, you’ll realize just how high that really is.)
Here’s the music I’ve been loving this August –
- Rise Up – Andra Day
- Heathens – twentyonepilots
- Love With Your Life – Hollyn
- We Don’t Talk Anymore – Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez
- Thy Will – Hilary Scott
- I Lived – OneRepublic (Old, but so good!)
- Afire Love – Ed Sheeran
- Clocks – Coldplay (Also old, but equally great)
- Lost Boy – Ruth B.
- Through Your Eyes – Britt Nicole
I hope you love these songs as much as I do! 🙂
❤ , Hannah
I’ve been seeing these “101 in 1001” posts on a lot of blogs lately, so I decided to make my own. Basically, it’s just a bucket list of things I want to do before the 1001 days are up. I’m pretty excited about it! As I complete items on the list, I’ll put a “🙌” beside it. 🙂
Start – October 17, 2016
End – July 15, 2019
(There’s no real order to this list, so just bear with the chaos if you don’t mind.)
- Reach 1000 followers on my blog.
- Become sponsored by a well-known brand.
- Be a Jadelynn Brooke Ambassador.
- Be featured on another blog.
- Start an Instagram account.
- Attend a Fashion Week.
- Get accepted to the Nordstrom Fashion Ambassador Program.
- Buy a pair of Bean Boots.
- Buy a Lauren James Dress.
- Buy a Vineyard Vines Pullover.
- Get a scholarship.
- Get a job.
- Write an article for the newspaper.
- Get accepted to a college.
- Become fluent in Spanish.
- Tutor someone.
- Read War and Peace.
- Read Moby Dick.
- Write a book.
- Get an A+ on a math test. 🙌
- Wear purple lipstick.
- Babysit 3+ kids by myself.
- Lead a Bible study.
- Choreograph my own dance for recital.
- Act in a play.
- Be on tv.
- Cook a fancy dinner.
- Meet someone famous.
- Carve a pumpkin.
- Go to a football game.
- Take someone’s wedding photos.
- Sew an outfit for myself.
- Dye my hair.
- Get my second ear piercing.
- Go to NYC.
- See a Broadway show.
- Learn to shoot a gun.
- Run a 5k.
- Take a Crossfit class.
- Take a Hip-Hop class.
- Repaint my room.
- Start a Youtube Channel.
- Make bread from scratch.
- Record a song.
- Make a gallery wall.
- Reach 100+ likes on a blog post.
- Read every single book I own.
- Start a morning routine.
- Grow my hair out.
- Wear really high heels.
- Go to prom.
- Get ASKED to prom.
- Buy a bike.
- Buy a new camera lens.
- Buy a phone.
- Give a speech.
- Go to the State Fair.
- Buy a waffle iron.
- Throw a party.
- Make the volleyball team.
- Go camping.
- Clean out my closet. 🙌
- Rearrange my furniture.
- Get my drivers license.
- Be shorter than Jordan. (Inside joke…it’s a long story.)
- Watch movies for an entire night.
- Have a media fast for a week.
- Get my passport.
- Whiten my teeth.
- Get a Clarisonic brush.
- Get a Naked eyeshadow palette.
- Get a Daniel Wellington watch.
- Go Christmas caroling.
- Watch a horror movie.
- Learn to ride a Ripstick.
- Go on a mission trip.
- Slam dunk a basketball.
- Dance in the rain. 🙌
- Go to the zoo.
- Be vegetarian for a week.
- Beat every level on Color Switch.
- Walk Mabel outside. (My cat.)
- Make a gingerbread house.
- Sing in front of people without squeaking. (Don’t ask.)
- Get an award.
- Start a club.
- Make a succulent garden.
- Take a Photo a Day for a year.
- Hand out candy on Halloween.
- Have a lemonade stand.
- Wear an ugly Christmas sweater.
- Get a gel manicure.
- Create my own Starbucks drink.
- Order the “Purple Starbucks Drink”. 🙌
- Eat a whole pizza by myself.
- Cut bangs in my hair.
- Go to the mountains.
- Read the whole Bible.
- Look at stars through a telescope.
- Save up $100+.
- Finish 101 in 1001!
WOW that was a lot of typing. 😳 I’m really excited to try this though, so it was totally worth it!
Thanks for reading! 🙂
I just received my first Ipsy bag today! For those who haven’t heard of it, it’s a monthly subscription service that provides 4-5 beauty products in a cute makeup bag. I’ve been dying to try it for the longest time, and I finally signed up!
This is the Halloween bag, and I have to say, I’m a little disappointed. From what I’ve seen from other reviews though, my next bags should be cuter!
Item #1 – CabanaBoy Blush from theBalm cosmetics. The packing is a little off-putting to me, but I really like the blush! The color is a pretty matte rose. (Sample Size…reallyyyyyy tiny) Rating: 3/5
Item #2 – Face Primer from Trust Fund Beauty. I really like this! It made my skin nice and smooth for my foundation. (Sample Size) Rating: 4-5
Item #3 – Face Lotion from Promise Organic. This is probably my favorite out of the five items I received. It smells great, and it’s very light which is something I look for in a facial lotion. (Sample Size) Rating: 5/5
Item #4 – Eyeliner Pen from EssenceMakeup. True to its word, it does not smudge…to the extent of being hard to get off, even with makeup remover. However, it creates a smooth line and great wings. (Full Size) Rating 3/5
Item #4 – Eyeshadow Brush from Lottie London (not available for purchase online). This is my new favorite eyeshadow brush! It applies very smoothly and of course, it’s pink. 😉 (Full Size) 5/5
I really liked this months beauty bag! Can’t wait to see what comes next 🙂
(Mabel liked it too.)
I love fall. There’s no better feeling than being wrapped up in a sweater that’s as soft and fuzzy as a blanket while drinking hot chocolate. Oh, that’s the good life right there.
There’s a few items I have my eye on this fall that I’d love to purchase, so I thought I’d share them with you! 🙂
This Ruffle-Neck Sweater from J. Crew is literally my definition of a perfect fall top -warm and cozy with a feminine flair. I’m obsessed.
Yeah, I know. These Daniel Wellington watches are a little on the pricey side, but they’re a preppy classic for a reason. I found a 25% off coupon code “seungborao” on RetailMeNot that actually worked, surprisingly. I don’t know when it expires so you may want to go ahead and pick one up if you’re considering it.
I’ve been wanting an Anorak Jacket for a long time, and this one from Target is pretty darn cute. It’s also only $32 versus another one I’ve been eyeing for $78, so can you guess which one I’m going to get? 😉
Is this not the cutest Fisherman’s Sweater? I love the detail on the arms. Cream sweaters can go with pretty much anything, that’s why I’ve been wanting one for the longest time. I think I found mine right here!
I hope my fall selections inspired you in your search for the perfect fall wardrobe. 😉 Enjoy your hot chocolate and I’ll talk to you later!
❤ , Hannah
It’s raining. Not just the slow dripping, slightly drizzling kind of rain. I mean really raining. Now, I don’t know about you, but I tend to get a little bit antsy if I’m just sitting inside all day. Here’s a list of 10 things to do that can rid you of your cabin fever!
1. Write drafts! This really only applies to the bloggers out there, but I love to write draft posts to publish later.
2. Cook something! I just made some pretty awesome corn-avocado salsa that I may or not be eating right now.
3. Be crafty! If you have Pinterest, rainy days are the perfect time to try out some of those crafts you’ve been Internet-hoarding.
4. Internet shop! Krass and Co. is having a really good sale right now, and if you use my code thevintageprep you get 15% off! 😉
5. Watch Netflix! I am totally addicted to Heartland right now. If you haven’t seen it before, go. Now. You can read the rest of this later.
6. Plan outfits! I love coming up with new outfits with clothes I already have in my closet.
7. Experiment with makeup! Rainy days are perfect for experimenting with a new makeup technique. If it totally flops, no one else has to know.
8. Read a book! I’m reading In Between by Jenny Jones. It’s free for Kindle and it’s a perfect light read for rainy days!
9. Play a board game! Monopoly is my game of choice.
10. Read your favorite blog! *wink*
Ahhhh I’m so excited for FALL! The leaves, the sweaters, and of course, the Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Today was a bit warm to wear my favorite sweater and boots, so I put together a little Fall Transition outfit that turned out super cute!
I love this Grey T-Shirt Dress – it’s as comfy as a nightgown, and you can dress it up or down depending upon the occasion.
Plaid happens to be one of my favorite things. It’s probably grown from a love to an unhealthy obsession as I’ve gotten older, but you won’t tell, will you? 😉 This Pink Plaid is literally to die for. ❤
Converse tennis shoes for obvious reasons. #shoegoals
happy fall, y’all ❤