One of my favorite places to go during the summer is the neighborhood pool. It’s a great place to relax – unless kids are playing Marco Polo, in which case put on your earbuds and turn on some Ed Sheeran.
Here’s a list of things that are essential to my pool day!
- Wear lots of sunscreen! This one’s a little bit of a no-brainer, but seriously, you don’t want to turn into a raisin. Use Chapstick with a sunblock in it to protect your lips as well.
- Put your hair up in a bun or a braid to prevent tangles. I usually go with a braid, but if you’re going to be tanning your back, put it in a bun to prevent weird tan lines.
- Bring along something to read – and actually read it. Not just fashion magazines, people. 😛 Summer is a great time to read books that you may not have time for in the regular school year. (I do bring the occasional InStyle magazine….shhhhh.)
- Don’t wear jewelry. I’ve lost countless earrings in the pool, so unless it’s from the Dollar Tree, I don’t recommend it.
- Sit under an umbrella or a shaded area for at least part of the time. Don’t risk getting heat stroke by your “need” to tan.
I think that’s about it! Enjoy your day at the pool. 🙂